dip1000 and preview in combine to cause extra safety errors

claptrap clap at trap.com
Thu Jun 9 14:53:13 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 8 June 2022 at 19:21:56 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:

> On 09/06/2022 7:18 AM, claptrap wrote:
>> Isn't the DIP process supposed to catch these sorts of things?
>
> DIP1000 was the first DIP to go through the new system. But
> even then, we are still having to change how it works many
> years after the fact due to the complexities involved.

Sorry I was being facetious...

DIP1000 : "This DIP did not complete the review process"

But we're getting it anyway....

Oh wait nobody seems to really understand it, even the gurus cant
seem to agree how or how it should it work.

But we're getting it anyway....

Oh wait weird stuff is happening

But we're getting it anyway....

Not directed at you FWIW, its just a joke that the first DIP
through the new "lets add more rigour to the process by which we
add things to D" process, failed to pass, and yet we're getting
it anyway.