dip1000 and preview in combine to cause extra safety errors

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Jun 10 05:14:21 UTC 2022

>> In druntime, we've gone through many (certainly not all) of the C declarations
>> and appropriately added correct annotations to them. But realistically, this
>> is not scalable.
>
> I am completely lost here. How is it not scalable to go into every libc module
> of druntime and mark them with `@system:` at the top? I can do it if you want,
> it probably will take 10 minutes. Most time will be spent searching for already
> existing @system: attributes to skip having to attribute that module.

I did say "correct annotations". Granted, just slapping @system on them is easier.

My experience is that asking people to make *any* edits to existing files is
asking a lot, especially if it is code that is considered tested and working,
and especially if it is code they don't have rights to the repository to change.

I'm the one who gets the earful when these changes are needed.