Why is D unpopular?

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 11:42:06 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 11 June 2022 at 11:31:17 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:

> I am well acquitted, thank you very much. It would have been a
> bad major in systems programming and languages, if I had missed
> such basic stuff.
>
> Basically you are asserting that anything besides Simula isn't
> OOP, that is like asserting only pure lambda calculus is FP.

I think we're clearly talking two different things here?

me - object oriented languages (which support all of the features
of object-oriented programming)

you - object based languages (which support a subset of the
features of OOP)

we have to agree on terminolgy, or otherwise, its not possible to
represent a concrete idea.

A bit like the D module, which can't agree on what is a type and
what isn't  ;-)