Why is D unpopular

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 12:21:31 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 11 June 2022 at 08:23:27 UTC, Max Samukha wrote:
> Disclaimer: Ola may assume I see OOP as god, but I actually
> don't.

I try not to assume too much unless people say something
explictly. Also, you've never stated what kind of OOP you are
referring to and for what purpose, and what your judgment is
based on, so it tells me next to nothing!?

If the domain you deal with is suitable for OOA&D then a good
OOPL will save you a lot of time. If it isn't then you can choose
to not use OO features. Nobody cares what you think then! That's
like city dwellers saying that tractors are no good. Farmers
don't care!

If you refuse to accept that any OO methodologies are useful,
regardless of the setting, then you have to point to a better
methodology and explain in detail  what situations that
methodology is better for and why. E.g. The classic SA can be
useful if an organization is moving from paper based to computer
based handling, but that scenario is less useful today than it
was before...