What I like most AND what I don't like most - about D

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 13:39:37 UTC 2022

(1) What I like most about D:

     - fast compile speed
     - great metaprogramming
     - C like syntax
     - great knowledgeable community
     - walter, he knows his stuff, and don't like to bloat things
     - importc, when it'll be completed!

(2) What I dislike most about D:

     - GC
     - core language features that end up being library in std.
(sumtype/tuple)
     - runtime/std being too dependent
     - everything in a module will be compiled, even if not used,
it makes it hard to write multi platform code in a single module,
i am forced to split things in DUB project, wich SUCKS
     - lack of proper language server with semantic analysis, this
one is becoming annoying..
     - reserved keywords (init, debug, equals), this one really
hurts me a lot (not being able to choose API with names:
init/deinit)
     - incomplete/class-based Allocators
     - betterC broke, mostly with static float array