What I like most AND what I don't like most - about D

Zoadian no at no.no
Sun Jun 12 14:40:48 UTC 2022

Pros:
- clean syntax
- ctfe
- ufcs
- metaprogramming
- native code
- module system
- default initialization of variables
- slices/arrays
- GC

Cons:
- lack of first class types (would enable using types with ctfe,
get rid of templates as a separate metaprogramming language):
- half implemented features
- ad hock addition of features without proper vision of unwanted
interactions
- unwillingness to properly fix the language and introduce
breaking changes
- while metaprogramming is great, it still lacks some
functionality i'd like to have (for example a trait that gets me
aliases to all variables a function accesses that are from
outside it's scope)
- no pattern matching
- no tuples / destructuring assignment
- autodecoding!!!