Why are some types from std not in the core of the language?

Zoadian no at no.no
Sun Jun 12 15:34:53 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 12 June 2022 at 14:46:29 UTC, zjh wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 June 2022 at 14:34:23 UTC, zjh wrote:
>
>> What should we do if even `experts` can not 'correctly and
>> completely' realize new features?
>
> The reason why there are few contributors is that the code can
> not realize `class level encapsulation`!
> Without `encapsulation`, the code is a `mess`.
>
> A bunch of `thousands of` lines of `code files`, how to
> contribute?
> Why not split it into `dozens of` small files into hundreds
> lines files?

"class level encapsulation" is absolutely unnecessary. don't put
your class into module scope if you don't want it's internals
exposed to the module in the first place.
Also it's not the problem with dmd's code base. dmd lacks
documentation, and has mutablility all over the place.
Splitting files into smaller modules wouldn't hurt though