Why is D unpopular

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 23:09:22 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 12 June 2022 at 12:26:33 UTC, Chris Katko wrote:

> If I could have private (or any keyword that mimics C++
> private) as a optional compiler flag, I would turn that on in a
> heartbeat.

That is actually a decent alternative (i.e. an 'optional'
compiler switch).

But even with the support of the D community, this would likely
end up being something that Walter would have to implement (in
that messy thing known as the frontend).

I'm sure he would give it is foremost attention ;-)

To be honest, the more I look into Swift (I only started a few
days ago), the less impressed I am with D.

I think Swift has a really bright future actually.

https://docs.swift.org/swift-book/GuidedTour/GuidedTour.html