Why is D unpopular

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 09:34:46 UTC 2022

On Monday, 13 June 2022 at 09:11:42 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> It follows from the principles of inheritance. A Bar is a more
> detailed Foo. If you cannot interact with a Bar as you would
> with a Foo, then Bar is breaking with the core principles of
> inheritance

No, it does not follow in this case. A subclass does not have
access to the private members of the superclass in D unless they
are declared in the same module. So what that code is doing is
saying, "Hey Bar, give me this field that you don't have access
to."