dip1000 and preview in combine to cause extra safety errors

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 01:32:40 UTC 2022

On Monday, 13 June 2022 at 22:56:11 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> The D compiler *does* keep track of this when it does attribute
> inference. Attribute inference is not currently done for
> regular functions because of the risk of mismatch between a
> function declaration and a function definition that may arise
> because of inference.

It'd cause a linker error though, right? This isn't really much
different than any other mismatched header - and since we have
dmd -H, it seems manageable.

I'll write a blog about this when I have time though. Been
swamped with work lately but I do think there's some cases we
have to be careful of but it should be doable.