Why is D unpopular

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Tue Jun 14 06:46:45 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 14 June 2022 at 00:54:34 UTC, forkit wrote:

> It's the 'just don't do it' approach that bothers me.
>
> The 'just don't do it' philosophy, of D, s not a good tool to
> rely on, in software design and development, especially at
> scale.

I completely agree with this. It bothers me A LOT that it's the
view of most people around here.

Why stop there? Why not remove any constraints in the language?
After all you can just stop making mistakes. "Just don't do it."

Why do we need @safe, dip1000 etc.? Just verify the memory
yourself, if you accidentally screw up then that's your fault,
surely it isn't the language's fault.

@nogc? Nah we don't need that, just don't allocate using the GC.