Why is D unpopular

mee6 mee6 at lookat.me
Tue Jun 14 19:22:34 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 14 June 2022 at 12:15:44 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> D is already a complex language, so I just think that *any* new
> feature should have a strong justification. Personally, I
> haven't seen one yet for this one. But if you can convince
> Walter and Atila, more power to you.

The latest features that have been added and some in the pipeline
are questionable. Is the complexity added by basically
maintaining a C compiler inside of D now. The added complexity
isn't worth it. It's just another massive feature stretched thin.

Having to convince those two is a waste of time. The entire
community can be in uproar as I saw with safe by default C
declarations, and they still won't change their mind. Whoever
says that effort is better served doing bug fixes or writing Dip
obviously hasn't tried to do either. My time is best served
complaining about how awful it is than to waste my time going
through the processes.