Why is D unpopular?

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 21:41:50 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 14 June 2022 at 21:02:32 UTC, monkyyy wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 November 2021 at 17:27:25 UTC, Dr Machine Code
> wrote:
>>

> The reason d in unpopular is because the forums are not active
> enough, has there even been a thread with 1k comments?

If i had not raised, and continually pursued this idea, it would
have never got to 1k ;-)

D is too complex and has to many unfinished ideas in it, to
accept any new ideas, it seems. How sad.

Core are too stuck in there ways, and seemed focused on
programming in the small.

D also suffers (and will continually suffer) from bringing too
much of C along with it. It'll constrain it.. forever.

Because of all this (and more), other languages have already
bypassed D, any many will continue to do so.

I personally, cannot make the case for using D any longer.