Adding a new design constraint to D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 07:57:12 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 15 June 2022 at 07:40:37 UTC, forkit wrote:
> btw. what is this SDC thing?
>
> Is it a D compiler?

That seems to be the long term goal:

https://github.com/snazzy-d/SDC

> Does it inherit all the problems of the current compiler, or is
> it 'more modular', like the approach LLVM have taken, so that
> more people can work on it?

I believe it is done 100% from scratch, so I would expect it to
be layered and modular, but I am not involved with it.

I would expect the architecture to evolve at such an early stage,
so I assume that those who engage with it can improve on the
architectural design, but I assume you would have to ask the
people who are actively pursuing it to get real answers.