Adding a new design constraint to D

monkyyy crazymonkyyy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 17:13:45 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 15 June 2022 at 01:57:28 UTC, zjh wrote:
> On Wednesday, 15 June 2022 at 01:21:51 UTC, monkyyy wrote:
>
>> Id suggest fixing ancient template bugs and getting several
>> competing compilers going to compete with c++;
>
> In any case, we should not be afraid of `change`! not be afraid
> of `complexity`!
> Take a look at `'rust'`. It is becoming more and more
> `complex`. Take a look at `other mainstream languages`. Which
> is not `complex`?
>
> `C++23, c++26` is absolutely monsters! But people don't care!

If theres several old bugs, that suggests that the language is
already past its complexity budget.

Like dual context, or calling nested templates, or my little
favorite little bug, really suggests that foundation is quite
unstable; I tolerate it because I dont exactly see good
implementations of templates anywhere but maybe poeple like c++
because dispite being uglier syntax maybe you can find a compiler
that works when you find a blocking bug