Adding a new design constraint to D

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 09:07:42 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 16 June 2022 at 08:51:26 UTC, Olivier Pisano wrote:

> If you really want to add a new visibility level to D, you'll
> have to write a DIP and convince the community that the
> existing four are not enough. Pretending that you'll be leaving
> for [whatever language better fits your needs] may only
> indicate that you don't care.

I aware that 'actual' change can only occur with DIP ;-)

Unless of course you're Walter, in which case, you can just wake
up one morning and put ImportC into the langauge..... and the
whole D community now has to deal with that, like it or not.

Walter will refuse it regardless. Even if he's forced to accept
it, cause the community demands it, which compiler person in D do
you think is going to have to implement it? Walter of course -
and he'll make sure it's high on his agenda, no doubt.

He has also around him, people that seem to think as he does.

That never turns out well.