Adding a new design constraint to D

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 10:46:33 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 16 June 2022 at 09:54:48 UTC, Olivier Pisano wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 June 2022 at 08:55:52 UTC, forkit wrote:
>> On Thursday, 16 June 2022 at 08:51:26 UTC, Olivier Pisano
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, every once in a while we get such discussions when
>>> someone finds out that D doesn't work exactly like [insert
>>> one's favorite language here] and pretends that is THE cause
>>> of the lack of popularity of D.
>>>

>> [insert one's favorite language here]
>>
>> like this you mean:
>>
>> [some of the most popular and widely used languages in the
>> world]
>
> Which doesn't mean it would fit in D and play well with other D
> features.
>
> Especially since everyone has different favorite.

My point is, either it supports one of the most important aspects
I've worked with in OOP over 20 years, or it doesn't.

i.e. it doesn't.

would be nice if it did - 'if' it could fit in the language and
work well with other things.

are you suggesting i want it in the language, no matter what the
cost is?