Adding a new design constraint to D

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 11:26:23 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 16 June 2022 at 09:54:48 UTC, Olivier Pisano wrote:

> Which doesn't mean it would fit in D and play well with other D
> features.
>
> Especially since everyone has different favorite.

fair enough. eveyone has there favoutite language, and their
favourite style, and their favourite this.. and that...

this feature request (discussion) is not about a 'favourite'
anything.

this is about a core principle in OOP.

all of us ask the question 'does this need to be exposed to
others'.

well, I sure hope that's a question on your mind, when your
programming.

if it's not, you should not be programming.

In OOP we ask this question all the time. More than most other
paradigms, I'd suggest.

I think the people complaing about this, either don't get this,
or they're anti OOP (and don't tell me they don't exist in the D
community ;-)  ...

The only real question on peoples mind, should be ->  if we allow
a class to have private members (to the class), how will this fit
in and affect the rest of the language (technically).

at this stage, not a single person has bothered to even make an
attempt to explore an answer to this question.