Adding a new design constraint to D

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 12:02:17 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 16 June 2022 at 11:48:08 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 June 2022 at 11:40:16 UTC, forkit wrote:
>> the constraint is optional, just as using meta programming is
>> optional.
>
> It isn't optional if you write libraries that other people
> depend on. If someone gives your library a type, then you need
> to deal with that type.

well I've never written a library that others depends on to do
metaprogramming ;-)

what I'm saying, is if you do, the design constraint is optional.

I cannot answer the question as to whether allowing a class to
have members that are private to the class, would have a negative
impact on metaprogramming in D.

If someone is saying that it will, then .. can they please
explain how and why that would be, so we can all understand?