`restricted` member variables

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 11:12:38 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 22 June 2022 at 10:42:00 UTC, Sergey wrote:

> Concerns about OOP not only in the D-community.. I believe it
> is the new trend in the last couple of years.
> For example, chapter Criticism here:
>
>  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-oriented_programming

The OO 'paradigm' has been *heavily* critised ever since the term
first became used.

Any yet, it's one of the most succesful paradigm's to date,
having been responsible for some of the biggest software
engineering projects in the world.

But I'm not for or against any particular paradigm. They all have
pros and cons, and are suitable for this situation, and not
particulary suitable in some other situation...

I prefer multiparadigm actually.

But I do believe first and foremost, in using abstract data
types, wherever possible - without any regard to a particular
'paradigm'.

And I don't means D's interpretation of one (i.e. one that
**cannot** declare its own invariants, let alone enforce them).

I mean the one defined all the way back in 1974, by Liskov and
Zilles.

https://dl.acm.org/doi/pdf/10.1145/942572.807045