`restricted` member variables

Jordan Wilson wilsonjord at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 10:07:46 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 23 June 2022 at 07:04:55 UTC, forkit wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 June 2022 at 06:55:30 UTC, Jordan Wilson wrote:
>>
>> ..
>> Well, you what they say, if first you don't succeed (with
>> copy/pasted appeals to authority), then try, try again (this
>> time, with extra condescension).
>
> btw. I noticed you said NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, when the
> condescension was being directed towards me.

The last 60 messages to the General forums, almost 50% are from
yourself. If I've picked up on certain undesirable tones from
your messages, it's simply due to the quantity presented.

> I guess we know which side of the debate your on.

No need to guess. If private(scope) was introduced to the D
language, I'd go "cool".
If you asked if I supported such a DIP, I'd go "sure".
If others disagreed with me, what I wouldn't do imply that those
that disagree:
- are kids
- are not 'actually' interested in learning about it (i.e.
willfully ignorant)
- make grand sweeping statements like "D can finally be taken
seriously [when this feature is implemented]"
(the list could go on)

Look, I commend you wanting D to be better; I cannot commend how
you have been trying to achieve this.

Jordan