Civility

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 22:36:58 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 23 June 2022 at 22:18:14 UTC, IGotD- wrote:

> ..
> If I'm going to criticize how things are discussed in the forum
> is that often that threads are derailed off topic. One thread,
> one topic should be the rule.

That's to be expected, particuarly in threads that spark an
'emotional' connection to the topic being discussed.

When dealing with humans, you need to allow some leniency here...
otherwise.. bad things sometimes happen when people cannot
express their emotional state...

Again, lets keep this in context.

Most threads in the D forums, do not evolve into 'robust'
discussion, and 'most' threads remain, for the most part, on
topic.

Unfortunately, as humans, our attention is always directed
immediately to the most emotionally salient content.

But the vast majority of threads in the D forum do not have
emotionally salient content ;-)