Exploring the philosophy of objects

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 00:45:11 UTC 2022

This is certainly not another thread about private to the class
;-)

Please, don't try to make it into one.

But I'd encourage everyone, to a least consider, exploring the
nature of 'objects' from a purely 'philosophical' approach (i.e.
outside of your programming interests).

If it's not your thing, don't do it ;-)

If you come to the conclusion, its complete nonsense, that is
your right.

For me, I have a particular understanding of objects (as many
will now know).

i.e. I have a firm view in the 'autonomous existence' of objects.

It's the basis of my view, of the real world (nothing to do with
programming).

That understanding though, while completely separate from
programming, is well intergrated into my approach towards
programming, and I personally believe, my programming is better
for it, nor worse.

Here is something to get you started, on your journey:

'undermining, and overmining, objects'

https://youtu.be/P6yWc7ccb7g

There's also a great discussion about this, if you can get your
hands on it ;-)

The Object Strikes Back: An Interview with Graham Harman.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.2752/175470813X13491105785703

If you don't know who he is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Harman