Civility

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Fri Jun 24 06:31:37 UTC 2022

On 24/06/2022 2:48 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> Yes, we in the D community do do marketing and promotion. It's just that
> we're up against other communities that are very good at it.

We certainly need to do better, part of that is curbing the negative
non-productive talks on the forum.

I need to bring this back up with Mike, but ya know he is busy so I'm
not too keen to bother him until a bit of time has passed since last
time I brought it up.

One thing that we could do, is pay someone about once a year to make an
album of music (royalty free so it can be used for live streamers!) to
commemorate the year released around DConf. Somebody like Popskyy.

While I don't think any other programming language does this, the
OpenBSD community does[0].

[0] https://www.openbsd.org/lyrics.html