Civility

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 09:14:04 UTC 2022

On Friday, 24 June 2022 at 09:03:48 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> ..
> The only way to resolve this is for the core team to narrow
> down and announce clearly which application area the language
> is supposed to cover really well.

I don't think that's enough.

Someone else mentioned that D needs an experimental branch, where
the barrier is lowered to what can be put into it.

Since most users come to D from major languages, with vastly more
features than D, they will not look nicely on a stagnant language
that is missing features that are very important to them.

An expermental branch would breathe new life into the D
programming language.

I expect most users of D would end up using that branch actually.

I think core team is too small, and possibly to busy, to be
responsive to the needs of its users. That's why an experimental
branch, under the management of others, would be useful.

I'd anticipate, it would give D the kick-up-the-ar#@ it surely
needs ;-)

Oops. Was I sounding a little negative there.