Civility

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 03:54:03 UTC 2022

On Friday, 24 June 2022 at 10:23:24 UTC, Jordan Wilson wrote:
> On Friday, 24 June 2022 at 09:48:21 UTC, forkit wrote:
>> On Friday, 24 June 2022 at 09:41:46 UTC, claptrap wrote:
>>>
>>> Its not hard to stick to arguing facts. Just avoid things
>>> like calling people passive aggressive when they disagree
>>> with you.
>>>

>> Lets compromise on that a little.
>>
>> When people are being passive-aggressive, I call them as being
>> passive-aggresive.
>>
>> And when their not, I won't.
>>
>> How does that sound?
>
> That's not what you were doing. A large proportion of responses
> to your messages were reasonable. The proportion of your
> messages accusing people of being
> passive-aggressive/ignorant/gutless etc. is not.
>
> Jordan

I choose not to engage you any further on this, except to say,
that yes, there was a definite tug-of-war between people with
very firm views.

And my view remains very firm, as I'm sure is the case for the
view of others.

At least it all resulted in something practical. That is,
something you can test for yourself write now, in your code, if
you choose to.

Or not, if you choose that.