Civility

zjh fqbqrr at 163.com
Sat Jun 25 08:08:46 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 25 June 2022 at 07:37:51 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> Indeed, but you should pick a target group. If there are 5
> different use scenarios for D and 5% is missing for each
> scenario then you have a 95% solution for each, but maybe a 75%
> solution in total.

Yes. So, finally, the question is `"positioning"`. Who is your
`"target user"`?
What kind of people are you going to `attract` to join `'d'`?
I have been proposing to attract `talents in c++`.
Because `'c++' talents` care about `'speed/memory'` most, and
they are also willing to write `libraries`. This is an `excellent
group`! Why not `attract` them?
Listen carefully to `their opinions`. What they are not
`satisfied` with is the direction of `D's efforts`!
Through them to help `'d'` writing the library and increasing the
`peripheral ecology` of `'d'`!
Our opponent is `'rust'` , so we must compete with with `rust` in
who attract most `C++` talents!
This is where D should go.`Talents` is the most important!
Meeting their needs is more important than meeting the needs of
`ordinary users`!