Civility

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 12:22:36 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 26 June 2022 at 11:51:31 UTC, mee6 wrote:
> All of the options you mentioned probably won't happen,
> especially the LLVM option is never going to happen.

I agree that the LLVM option isn't going to happen.

The most I would hope for is that Atila has enough interests in
the actor model to push for destruction free GC and actor local
GC as an option. If ~5 capable devs are interested then it could
happen as an alternative runtime option.

(Ideally, an actor local GC should be compacting when memory
pressure is high, but I doubt that will ever happen for D.)