Discussion Thread: DIP 1043--Shortened Method Syntax--Final Review

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 12:37:26 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 15 June 2022 at 09:21:12 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

I'd much rather be throwing my support behind a DIP that would
give me the option for better encapsulating my class, than
throwing my support behind something that is 'purely stylistic'.

But my gripes aside, yes, I do support this DIP.

As mentioned in the DIP, its is stylistically consistent with the
use of lambda expressions in the composition of ranges, which I
use alot.

Although it's not something I need, and not something I would
find myself asking for, I recognise the benefits that others see
in having it. And given it is stylistically consistent with
features already in the language, I think it should be approved.