private(this) vs LINT

Daniel N no at public.email
Tue Jun 28 20:58:56 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 28 June 2022 at 20:29:27 UTC, forkit wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 June 2022 at 16:06:54 UTC, Daniel N wrote:
>>
> The correctness of my unittest should not depend on whether i
> remember to use a specific compiler switch.

But what if your favourite editor automatically highlighted the
entire line with red?

> This is not a 'personal preference'. I wish people would stop
> using that argument against the idea.

After being exposed to D, I usually end up trying to emulate it
when I am forced to work in other languages. For this reason some
of my C++ files are filled with 20+ friend declarations just so I
can do what I want inside that file...

Some people hate goto and some love it.