Dlang on $4 microcontroller board from Raspberry Pi RP2040

dangbinghoo dangbinghoo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 06:19:59 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 1 March 2022 at 07:24:07 UTC, forkit wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 March 2022 at 05:07:09 UTC, Igor Myronov wrote:
>> I'm wondering if a such nice programming language should be
>> possible to use on small MCU's like RP2040,PIC32 and so on.
>> Thanks.
>
> Arhggg...32bit controllers! In 2022!
>
> There goes any hope of ridding D of its 32bit baggage.

FYI.

For the MCU market (as we are now in the IoT age), most of the
market share will be 32Bit, and even there's a big part is still
16bit (for industrial).

64bit for MCU now shares very very little part.

And for Dlang, the core dev is focusing on only PC and bigger
computers, but, we actually have a chance.