The problem that took him 5 years to fix in C++, I solved in a minute with D

bachmeier no at spam.net
Thu Mar 10 14:02:20 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 10 March 2022 at 12:23:23 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 March 2022 at 11:50:05 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
> wrote:
>>

>> Because negative advertising doesn't work, it is negative and
>> will be perceived as whining.
>
> Advertising? This is a community forum, where community members
> express personal opinions. There's nothing wrong with
> discussions about the pros and cons of different programming
> languages as long as they're civil. I'm not about to tell
> people to never say anything negative about any language,
> including those same people who keep popping to remind us of
> D's shortcomings every time one of these discussions appears.

It wouldn't be so bad if they were making good points. It's not
productive to counter with "D isn't good at X" where X is neither
on topic or relevant to the vast majority of programmers. It's an
emotional response to someone pointing out weaknesses in C++.
We'd all be better off if they'd stay in their C++ bubble and not
vandalize otherwise interesting discussions.