Questions on the new __traits(parameters)

Elronnd elronnd at elronnd.net
Thu Mar 10 19:47:25 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 10 March 2022 at 15:08:11 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> *snip*

I was a bit on the fence regarding the issue, but this is what
convinced me.

The issue is primarily one of abstraction and modularity.  It
should be an implementation detail whether a given object uses
opApply or range APIs.  It should be possible to switch from one
to the other without breaking client code.  I should not have to
care how the object I'm iterating over arranges to be iterated
over.