ImportC rocks!

bachmeier no at spam.net
Sat Mar 12 15:26:02 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 12 March 2022 at 10:03:28 UTC, Ki Rill wrote:
> On Saturday, 12 March 2022 at 09:55:03 UTC, Ki Rill wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Thank you Walter and everyone else for adding importC to D.
>
> When I first looked at it, I didn't think it's something I
> would use (there are many bindings I could just `dub add` after
> all), but after trying it out... it feels like I've been
> freed... no need for bindings or wrappers that someone needs to
> maintain and that may get outdated.

While there's more work that needs to be done, it'll be nice to
be able to do things like add an sqlite dependency without
needing the end user to mess around with sqlite. You can already
do that by compiling the header with ImportC and using a C
compiler to compile the library. I'm looking forward to the day I
can add sqlite as a Dub dependency and let D compile everything.