Just an example, why D rocks, and C++ s***s...

bachmeier no at spam.net
Sun Mar 20 11:11:03 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 20 March 2022 at 07:55:51 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> The other thread bachmeier referenced was particularly
> misleading for people who lack insight into how C++ is being
> used and how it evolves. When people complain about having the
> foundational underlying differences explained to them... you
> have to wonder if they themselves are insecure about their own
> choice, why would one otherwise care so much about C++? And why
> would one complain about having practical productivity concerns
> being expanded on?

Nonsense. Someone created a thread titled "The problem that took
him 5 years to fix in C++, I solved in a minute with D". Paulo
Pinto, who may or may not have written a line of D code used in
production at some point in the last 20 years, responded with
this:

> Well, a language alone doesn't make ecosystems, D is a good
> language, but after 10 years doesn't hold a candle to CUDA,
> Metal, Unreal, SYSCL, AUTOSAR/MISRA certifications,
> iOS/Android/Windows SDK, High Energy Physics research,
> PyTorch/Tensorflow, LLVM/GCC, ....

Not only did he not respond to the post, he completely ignored it
to talk about something unrelated. Then he later posted this:

> D, well it has MIR and vibe.d, that is about it.

That's obviously wrong, but ultimately he succeeded at his goal
of changing the discussion. And he did it without even pretending
to engage with the original post.