Hello, World!

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Mar 29 23:02:23 UTC 2022

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 05:52:14PM +0000, jmh530 via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> I know it's annoying to endless produce performance comparisons, but
> it would be interesting to see the impact of selective imports and
> whether the imported template as in below has an impact.
> ```
> void main() {
>     with(imported!"std.stdio") {
>         writeln("Hello, World!");
>     }
> }
> ```

Using `with(imported!"std.stdio")`, printing "Hello, World!":

real	0m20.430s
user	0m16.199s
sys	0m4.153s

Basically, indistinguishible from the global `import std.stdio;` case.
(I consider sub-second differences as noise in the measurement, it's not
significant.)

BREAKFAST.COM halted...Cereal Port Not Responding. -- YHL