When will you implement cent and ucent?

Quirin Schroll qs.il.paperinik at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 20:18:36 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 31 March 2022 at 06:33:26 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 3/29/2022 9:36 AM, Era Scarecrow wrote:
>>   I wouldn't look forward to re-writing the same code for all
>> the different compilers back ends though.
>
> That's the attractiveness of a builtin function. It'll at least
> work for other systems.

At some point, it’s going to be easier to make those types
`__traits(signed, 128)`, `__traits(unsigned, 256)`,
`__traits(signed, 512)` and so on, plus some `alias ducent =
__traits(signed, 256)` in object.d instead of arguing where the
right limit is.

I’m not entirely sure if I’m being serious here, but on the other
hand, I know of no other language that reserved a type keyword
and doesn’t use it although it easily could.