When will you implement cent and ucent?

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Thu Mar 31 22:30:48 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 31 March 2022 at 18:40:52 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> Honestly, I don't care if DMD forward the operation to
> something in druntime, that would at least allow me to have
> good codegen on LDC/GDC.

With LDC's support for inline LLVM IR
(https://wiki.dlang.org/LDC_inline_IR), I think we can quite
easily have a much better `core.int128` solution for LDC at
least. Coupled with LLVM's compiler-rt builtins library, which
should provide performant library fallbacks for targets with
limited hardware support. So that a druntime `Cent` solution
should be on-par with clang's `__int128`.

The existing generic software implementation is still useful for
CTFE.