Why is D unpopular?

mee6 mee6 at lookat.me
Tue May 3 23:09:31 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 3 May 2022 at 19:22:37 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 5/3/2022 4:16 AM, Max Samukha wrote:
>> I totally agree. Musk is brilliant. It just would be nice if
>> people stopped calling him an inventor or engineer.
>
> I am an engineer, and I've got no problem calling Musk one. He
> has a degree in physics, which has little difference from
> engineering. He's the Chief Engineer at SpaceX.
>
> As for being an inventor, here's a list of his patents:
>
> https://patents.justia.com/inventor/elon-musk
>
> Holding a patent makes one an inventor.

The patent was first invented in 1421 it appears. Whether it was
even a good invention is yet to be seen. I think software patents
are bad for software in general.

I think Elon Musk isn't really an engineer. I think he's just a
really good PR person. Most people don't know that Elon wasn't
really involved with Tesla, he just bought out the actual person
that started Tesla. You don't become a billionaire without
exploiting people. The people he's severely underpaying for their
work and over working them. He pays people less than their worth
and takes credit for all of their successes.