Why is D unpopular?

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Thu May 12 15:58:03 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 12 May 2022 at 15:12:53 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 May 2022 at 14:02:51 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
> wrote:
>> will be able to leverage many C libraries that are available
>> but too long to port: lua, codecs, all stb_thing.h... the list
>> is really quite long.
>
> You know most those things already work.

I think you are coming at this as someone who knows a lot about C
and D already (not that Guillaume doesn't). The relevant question
to me is how much work is it for someone relatively new to D to
figure out how to call C code. If it importC reduces the barrier,
then I see it as a positive, even if there are other tools that
work better for you or others.