Why is D unpopular?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu May 12 17:07:24 UTC 2022

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 07:22:53PM +0000, Don Allen via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> I think the criticisms that have been directed at D about lacking
> vision, blah, blah, have been from those who have not used it to
> produce working software that does what it is supposed to do with good
> performance. In other words, usable in practice (recall that Einstein
> said "In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice").
> That is the ultimate test and at least for me, D has passed that test.
[...]

Possibly this is true, I don't know.  But personally, I have not found a
better language than D, among those I have tried out when I first got
deeply dissatisfied with C++ and started looking for alternatives.  It's
not without its own flaws, granted, but for what I need to do, it's
ideal.

There is no gravity. The earth sucks.