Why is D unpopular?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri May 13 17:23:36 UTC 2022

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 04:18:41PM +0000, IGotD- via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Friday, 13 May 2022 at 13:30:56 UTC, Daniel N wrote:
> >
> > I have zero interest in adding custom build steps in exotic build
> > systems to generate bindings, nor is it possible to generate static
> > bindings because all other teams update their *.h files daily and we
> > need to be able to use the new features without manual steps.
> >

> ... but import C require a custom build step today to remove all
> preprocessor text from the .h file. You must have zero interest in
> import C in that case.

This is why I said, ImportC must be able to preprocess the imported .h
file, otherwise it does not add much value to what we already have (not
enough to justify its existence anyway).

Being forced to write comments actually improves code, because it is easier to fix a crock than to explain it. -- G. Steele