Why is D unpopular?

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri May 13 18:14:46 UTC 2022

On Friday, 13 May 2022 at 17:35:35 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> There must be a similar way as with C compilers (the -D command
> line option) to inject defines. The D compiler must add this so
> that import C constants can be defined at the command line
> otherwise we have that extra custom build step again.

Yeah, it will also need import paths and such.

I imagine a command line forwarder is easy enough.

I'd also like for it to be available from inside D - passing
structured macros in and getting things out. Though that wouldn't
be strictly necessary since you can always ctfe construct a
#define string and mixinC it (assuming they do even the basics of
mixin C but ive made enough noise it is a prototype wip now)