Why is D unpopular?

tastyminerals tastyminerals at gmail.com
Sat May 14 16:13:40 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 7 May 2022 at 07:00:52 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 5/6/2022 11:59 AM, tastyminerals wrote:
>> And I would love D to just `import awesomeClib;`.
>
> That's very much what ImportC is all about.

That is great indeed! I've just skimmed over ImportC article. No
code examples how to do it unfortunately, it looks incomplete.
Luckily, I found a D forum question about ImportC where people
explain that all you need to do is to import a C file into your D
code, it should work.

Why a simple code example is missing from the article brings me
to the topic of this thread. I wish D could "market" and explain
its awesome features the way other more popular but (in my
opinion) less feature rich languages do. With concrete code
examples and easy to read text.