ImportC can now automatically run the preprocessor

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Sun May 15 01:00:14 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 14 May 2022 at 21:05:09 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

> It's been a longer and windy-er road than I'd anticipated, but
> isn't that the way all software projects work?

Well...I'm not aware of any software projects where someone wakes
up one morning, with a thought bubble, and then decides to submit
a PR, marked as 'Trivial', that adds a C compiler insider an
already existing compiler for a different language.

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/12507/

The long, windy road 'could' have been anticipated.

I certainly anticipated it when I read that PR.

It'll be a long, windy road ahead to, for anyone having to
maintain projects that explicitly, actively, encourage you to
combine different languages.