Why is D unpopular?

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Sun May 15 01:44:38 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 14 May 2022 at 13:40:11 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Saturday, 14 May 2022 at 10:44:39 UTC, Tejas wrote:
>> We should try to get D _inside_ Clang?
>
> I think D should forget about C++ and do C interop well. Too
> late to go for C++ now, better to do one thing well once the
> decision has been made to focus on C.

ImportC goes well beyond the need for C interop.

btw. If ones stops for a moment, and considers the two most
popular programming languages (C and Java) - how many software
projects exist that use a combination of these two languages?

There is no actual market for ImportC, in the 'real' world.

It's really just a 'see what we can do' thing, which will leave
considerable technical debt for the D 'community'.