ImportC can now automatically run the preprocessor

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun May 15 13:47:07 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 13:09:45 UTC, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> Integrated C support with D has never been done before, and
> Walter never claimed supporting all preprocessor macros would
> work.

There is no process behind this, so what exactly are the
requirements from "non-hardcore" users?

All I can say that 90% is probably worse than nothing from the
perspective of someone externally evaluating the language.

> But none of that is relevant to ImportC, which has obvious
> merit yet requires more work but clearly will pay its way.

Yes, it has obvious merits, but if people start using it before
it is a complete solution, then it will never reach a state of
completion. It will become another «not quite there, but
sufficient for the fan-base».

To put this is perspective: I actually find the differences
between C++ and C rather problematic. And those are minimal.