ImportC can now automatically run the preprocessor

max haughton maxhaton at gmail.com
Mon May 16 02:17:50 UTC 2022

On Monday, 16 May 2022 at 01:54:58 UTC, forkit wrote:
> On Monday, 16 May 2022 at 01:41:17 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
>> ImportC as it could be might unlock a whole new world of C/D
>> metaprogramming.
>>
>> Mr. Bright, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL
>
> You do understand what lives on the other side of this wall,
> don't you?
>
> C!

C is a bad programming language but equally it's the lingua
franca of almost everything useful so it's not really up to us.

Recently when I've been fiddling around with the lowing of IR ->
LLVM in SDC, the calls to the C API were written roughly 9 years
ago and they are all still passing the tests. If you want that
kind of stability you have to be able to talk C. I note that the
bindings also still work just fine but that's for a different
discussion...

Wanna talk to postgres? You're most likely going to need a C
library, otherwise you have nothing to ship.