Why is D unpopular?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon May 16 12:49:19 UTC 2022

On Monday, 16 May 2022 at 12:10:36 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
> I'm not sure why do you even bring Microsoft? I found more bugs
> in ICC than MSVC fwiw.

People say that Microsoft didn't provide the needed resources to
develop their C++  compiler for a while because they
strategically wanted a move over to native C#, so their compiler
lagged behind the standards. This has changed and they are now
reportedly taking a lead in implementing the ISO standard.

 From what I can tell the funding situation for the C++ eco system
has improved over the past few years. Difficult to make an
objective assessment, of course.