Why is D unpopular?

Max Samukha maxsamukha at gmail.com
Wed May 18 15:34:33 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 18 May 2022 at 12:47:52 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Monday, 16 May 2022 at 02:34:16 UTC, forkit wrote:
>> On Monday, 16 May 2022 at 02:05:32 UTC, forkit wrote:
>>>

>> i just realised, I can now answer the question 'Why is D
>> unpopular?'
>>
>> Because it has no shared vision.
>
> Yes.

I suggest the vision be to make me happy. For example, the
impossibility to have anonymous struct literals as the RHS of an
assignment (or as a function argument in general) makes me
unhappy. Moreover, after DIP1030 is implemented, D wants to
deprecate anonymous struct literals entirely, which makes me the
unhappiest man in the world.